ANSWER 5 QUESTIONS FROM THE LIST BELOW
1. What promotes employee engagement according to our authors? What is the importance of psychological capital (PsyCap)?
2. What can individuals do to enhance their own career satisfaction according to Donald Clifton?
3. Consider the 10 qualities of positive work environments described by Peter Warr. Now consider your own current work environment. How many of the 10 can you claim?
4. What is positive psychotherapy and how does it differ from traditional psychotherapy?
5. Discuss the important concept of social contagion and social capital.
6. How is well-being measured across cultures? Why do cultures differ in subjective well-being? Why
7. Go to Link (World Values Survey has many graphs illustrating different values and indicators of well-being around the world). What did you find there?
And select two of these to do a review on:
SELECT TWO OF THE RESOURCES BELOW. What did you learn?
Link (TedTalk: Richard Wilkinson charts the hard data on economic inequality, and shows what gets worse when rich and poor are too far apart: real effects on health, lifespan, even such basic values as trust.
Link (TedTalk: Statistician Nic Marks asks why we measure a nation’s success by its productivity — instead of by the happiness and well-being of its people. He introduces the Happy Planet Index, which tracks national well-being against resource use (because a happy life doesn’t have to cost the earth).