https://onlinenursing-papers.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/logo-300x75.png 0 0 Boniface https://onlinenursing-papers.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/logo-300x75.png Boniface2022-01-13 16:25:562022-01-13 16:25:56criminology 12
You must utilize textbook Criminology:The Core, Author Larry J. Siegel 6th Edition plus at least one academic outside sources
Choose ONE question:
- There has been a lot of talk about the middle class in America shrinking. Many individuals are getting poorer, while a small minority are getting richer. How does this phenomenon impact crime from the perspectives of instrumental theory and structural theory? Please validate the source of the population shifts in your response.
- Domestic violence has only been considered a serious crime since the 1970s, and full implementation of those laws has taken even longer. How does critical feminist theory explain the failure to fully protect women from domestic violence?
- What if you are the victim of theft? Would you ask for incarceration, re-integrative shaming, or restorative justice? Explain your choice. What if you are the victim of embezzlement? Would your answer be different? Why or why not?
- Read the opening vignette on pages 276 and 277 of the textbook. Then, ask students to discuss how family dysfunction contributes to crime. What other factors contribute to crime? Should any or all of these factors be given more weight in sentencing decisions?
- Should young children who have “delinquent traits” should be monitored more closely, even though they have not actually committed crimes? Would such monitoring create a self-fulfilling prophecy? Why or why not?
- Read the “Thinking Like a Criminologist” section on page 290 in your textbook (edition 6). What if you were the judge in this case: Should Sampson receive the death penalty or a sentence of life in prison? Do you believe that Sampson’s crimes were a product of his impaired development, and if so, should his life be spared?