original paper 3
The Final Paper should demonstrate understanding of the reading assignments as well as the implications of new knowledge. The eight- to ten-page paper should integrate readings and class discussions into work and life experience. It should include explanation and examples from previous experience as well as implications for future application. The purpose of the Final Paper is for you to culminate the learning achieved in the course by describing your understanding and application of knowledge in organizational development.
Focus of the Final Paper
During this course, you have studied the principles of organizational development. You have engaged in discussion and learning about the organizational development process, developing high performance teams and excellence in people, as well as how to develop highly successful organizations.
Describe specific ways you will apply three of the following course outcomes in order to achieve your personal and professional goals. Explain how particular theory and insights gained from this course will help you succeed. Include explanation and examples from previous experience as well as implications for future application.
- Develop diagnostic skills to identify OD issues, problems, and opportunities;
- Provide practice in identifying appropriate actions and selection of best alternative OD actions in actual work situations;
- Develop the ability to apply OD knowledge to organizational situations.
- Identify organizational situations that require professional assistance.
- Diagnose the systems issues and select the appropriate intervention.
- Integrate OD frameworks with broader HR frames and competency models.
- Describe and explain the steps involved to effectively manage organizational change in a variety of contexts and settings.
Guidelines for Writing the Final Paper
- Paper must be eight to ten (8-10) double-spaced pages in length, exclusive of Appendix, References, Exhibits, etc.
- Formatted according to APA style as outlined in the approved APA style guide (including title page and reference list).
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must include an introductory paragraph with a succinct thesis statement.
- Must conclude with a restatement of the thesis and a conclusion paragraph.
- Must use a minimum of six scholarly references